Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Perfect Self-Tanning Lotion! Neutrogena Build-A-Tan





OK. So we all, or at least most of us, want to have a glowing tan for the summer, but then that fear pops into your head. WHAT IF I LOOK LIKE AN ORANGE OOMPA LOOMPA (no idea of I spelled that right but honestly who cares)?!?!?! Well, don’t you worry because I have the perfect product for you! Wow I really sounded like an infomercial there… Anyway, keep reading to find out why the Neutrogena Build-A-Tan Gradual Sunless Tanner is the PERFECT product for you.

So here’s my story… I walked into Target with the mindset of ‘I need a self-tanner that won’t make me look orange.’ I found the skin-care isle and there was the section with a huge selection of self-tanners. I had seen tons of Youtubers review more expensive self-tanners that worked really well, but I was looking for a cheaper option. The Neutrogena bottle immediately caught my eye because it was only around $10 and said “Build-A-Tan”. This sounded perfect to me because you could choose how dark you wanted the tan to be. I ended up buying the product and decided I’d give it a try. 

After I had showered and exfoliated, I got out the self-tanner and prepared to apply. To test the product out, I decided to just put it on my legs and feet. Immediately I noticed that the product glides on so smoothly and is so easy to apply to your skin. The other thing about it is that it dries in literally 5 MINUTES! I didn’t have to stand around waiting for it to dry before I moved on with my day. The lotion doesn’t stain your hands either (as long as you wash them right after using the product).

The basic premise of the product is that the more often you apply, the darker the tan. Since I started with one layer, my tan was very faint. One odd, but kind of nice thing about this lotion is that it kind of tones your skin. My feet were much paler than my legs and this product evened out the skin tones so that you couldn’t tell I had a sock tan. That’s so embarrassing, but hey, I’m gonna be honest with you guys.

This is an absolutely perfect product for all of you who may be nervous that you’ll turn into an orange oompa loompa after using a self-tanner because this product is very natural-looking. If the first coat didn’t work for you, apply another to go one shade darker. The tanner is so subtle that you don’t have to worry about overdoing it the first time. There were no streaks left on my skin and no blotchy spots. My knees and ankles didn’t go really dark either, so it was perfect.

The only thing about this product is that you do have to apply it pretty frequently to maintain the darker color (every other day, to every three days would be fine depending on how dark you want to go). The tan does fade pretty quickly, however, since the product is so easy to apply (almost like a daily moisturizer), it’s not that inconvenient. Also, make sure you don’t wear flip flops within a couple hours of applying the product; I did this and some of the product must have rubbed off because I was left with a slight flip-flop tan (don’t worry though, with another coat of the lotion it goes away).

I purchased the product from Target and it was only $9.99, which is a really good deal for a good self-tanner. If you’re interested in getting a little darker for the summer, I would definitely recommend checking out this amazing product. I will link the product on the Neutrogena website as well as some other stores so you can find the product near you if you don’t want to order it online.

Thank you guys so much for reading my blog and I would really appreciate it if you could follow me on Bloglovin’ and spread the word! Love you guys and have an amazing day!

Where to Buy:

Social Media Links:
Follow me on Bloglovin’: http://www.bloglovin.com/brandygirlblog
Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/brandygirlblog/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment