Saturday, July 12, 2014

Glitter State Art DIY


Hey guys! I’m back with a DIY that is literally so easy, but so adorable. It’s basically just a canvas with a piece of glitter paper cut out in the shape of your state. This little DIY is perfect for room décor and will only take about ten minutes max to make. I got this idea from LaurDIY on Youtube (she also has a blog); I’ll link her channel below if you want to go check her out. Anyway, if you want to learn how to make this easy DIY, keep reading!

You will need:
  • A white canvas (about the size of a regular sheet of paper)
  • 2 pieces of glitter paper (not sure what it’s actually called, but I’ll link it below)
  •           1 gold piece and 1 pink piece
  • Scissors
  • Super Glue
  • Computer (to print out the outline of your state)


Directions: 
1. First you’re going to need an outline of whatever state you want to put on the canvas. I chose California just because I really like that state, but you can do your home-state. I just went on Google and searched for “outline of California”, but if you really know you’re state well, you could try to draw the outline. If you can actually do that, I will be very impressed. OK, so now you need to cut out the state.

2. Time to take out the glitter paper stuff! It’s really important to get this step right or else you’ll end up with a backwards state. You need to flip the state around so that it is backwards and place it on the paper. I repeat: MAKE SURE TO FLIP THE STATE OR ELSE YOU WILL END UP WITH A BACKWARDS STATE! Ok, now that you have flipped the state around, you need to trace around it with a pen/marker/sharpie. Try to get as much of the detail as you can so that it is pretty acurate, but if you miss some of the really small details, that’s fine. We’ll get the idea.
    


3. Next, you need to take out those scissors and cut around the outline that you traced on the glitter paper. It should be turned the right way when you flip it around. You may want to place the state on the canvas to see where you’re going to position it before gluing it down. Now get out some glue (I used super glue, which worked pretty well) and put glue all over the back of the state and stick it on the canvas.
     

4. Next, cut out a little square of the pink glitter paper. Draw a heart on the back of the square and then cut out the heart. You’re going to use this to mark either you’re favorite city or the city in which you live. Put some glue on the back of the heart and stick it on the city location of the city! And now you’re done! Now you have an adorable canvas you can use as room décor and you made it yourself!
   
 
LaurDIY: https://www.youtube.com/user/LaurDIY
Michael's Glitter Paper: http://www.michaels.com/recollections-signature-glitter-paper/M10142588.html?dwvar_M10142588_color=Ocean%20Blue#q=glitter%2Bpaper&start=5
Michael's Canvas: http://www.michaels.com/artists-loft-gallery-wrapped-traditional-canvas/M10240759.html#q=white+canvas&start=2

Thank you guys so much for reading my blog and I would really appreciate it if you could follow me on Bloglovin’ and spread the word! Love you guys and have an amazing day!

Also, I'm so sorry I haven't been able to post in a few days. I've had trouble with the internet and uploading, but I'll do my best to keep uploading regularly.

Social Media Links:
Follow me on Bloglovin’: http://www.bloglovin.com/brandygirlblog
Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/brandygirlblog/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment