Monday, July 28, 2014

MUSIC MONDAY: Bastille Album




So today I wanted to do an album review for you guys and since it does happen to be Monday, I thought I'd call this MUSIC MONDAY! Clever, right? Haha anyway, today I'm reviewing Bastille's album, "Bad Blood". Now this album is not new at all, however, since their song "Pompeii" rose to the top of the charts awhile ago, I wanted to tell you guys that you should go listen to their entire album. I am a long-time Bastille fan and I love every song they've released. While "Pompeii" is an incredible song, their entire album is filled with unbelievably amazing songs. If you have not already, please go check this album out. I'll link the album on iTunes below.

I did a little research on the British band so I could give you guys a little more information. Bastille formed back in 2010; originally it was just singer, Dan Smith. Later, the band became what it is today with four members - Dan Smith, Kyle Simmons, William Farquarson, and Chris Wood. Oh and I'm guessing you're wondering why they call themselves "Bastille"... Well, Dan Smith's birthday happens to fall on July 14th, which is Bastille Day. So there ya go.

Anyway, that's probably enough information for you guys, but if you want to learn more, feel free to do some research. 

I thought I would list some of my favorite songs from this album (and also from their other album, All This Bad Blood)... These are in no specific order, but you should check out the entire album because I love every single song. These are just a few of my absolute favorites:

1. "Of the Night" - This is from their newer album and its a little bit different from their usual songs.
2. "Laughter Lines"
3. "Things We Lost In the Fire"
4. "Bad Blood"
5. "Icarus"
6. "Weight of Living" - There are two parts to this song and I love both of them!
7. "Laura Palmer"
8. "Oblivion" 
9. "The Silence"
10. "These Streets"

OK I'm going to stop listing them now because I've listed almost the entire album. I literally cannot tell you how much I love this band. Their music is so different from all the Top 40 music that you hear every day; these songs never seem to get old. Dan Smith's voice is absolutely incredible and almost haunting in some of their songs. I know most of you have heard "Pompeii" and I just wanted you all to be aware of how amazing their entire album is.... so please please please go listen!

Thanks for reading my blog! Follow me on bloglovin' and the rest of my social media links below. If you listen to the album or if you are already a Bastille fan, comment your favorite song! Have an amazing day!


I used Wikepedia for some of the background info on Bastille: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastille_%28band%29

 
Social Media Links:
Follow me on Bloglovin’: http://www.bloglovin.com/brandygirlblog
Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/brandygirlblog/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment