Friday, November 28, 2014

Four Holiday DIYs!


Hi everyone! I'm back with four Holiday DIYs that will make your room a little more festive for the holidays. There are four DIYs in this blog post and most of them are inspired by Pinterest; if you want to find more great holiday DIYs, check out Pinterest because it has the BEST ideas!


Peppermint Christmas Tree DIY 
I've seen this first idea all over Pinterest and so I thought it would be fun to re-create it for you! You are going to need a foam cylinder, a candlestick holder, a hot glue gun, hot glue sticks, and 2 or 3 bags of peppermints. I purchased all of these supplies (except the peppermints, which I purchased from Target) from Michael's.
First, glue the candlestick holder onto the bottom of the foam cylinder with hot glue gun. Make sure to let the hot glue gun warm up for about 5 minutes before trying to use it. Next, unwrap several peppermints before you start gluing them onto the foam cylinder. Basically you're just going to glue the peppermints on one at a time, all the way around the cylinder. There may be a gap in the back, but that is ok; you can just turn that side towards the wall. Keep adding the peppermints around the foam cylinder until you have completely covered it and in the end, you will have a very festive looking Christmas Tree.
Be careful when transporting this because it is very fragile and the mints can break very easily. I just placed the tree on a bookshelf in my room and it ended up looking very cute for the holiday season.




Gold Reindeer Canvas
This idea was inspired by Pinterest and if you have read my previous blog posts, you will know I did a very similar DIY during the summer. Instead of a gold glitter state, you will be using a reindeer.
For this DIY, you will need a silhouette of a reindeer (I just found mine on Google), red and gold glitter paper, a white canvas, scissors, a pen, and a hot glue gun.
First, cut out the silhouette of the reindeer. Then place the stencil on the back of the gold glitter paper and trace the outline of the silhouette. Then cut out the gold glitter paper along the outline of the reindeer and glue the reindeer onto the white canvas. I added my own twist to this DIY by putting a red glitter circle onto the nose of the reindeer.
This DIY turned out SOOO cute and I used command strips to place the canvas on my wall!






Christmas Scrabble Coaster
This DIY is super simple, but it literally looks like you bought it at a store. It's super cute and so easy to complete.
First, you'll need scrabble letters (I just ordered mine off of Amazon). Lay out five Holiday-ish words to glue onto the cork. Here are some ideas for words: gifts, angel, candy, bells, carol, cider, elves, santa, light, merry, holly, cocoa, jolly, frost, gifts, skate, wintry. Place the words onto the cork so that you can cut the cork to the exact measurements of the words. Use a hot glue gun to glue the scrabble letters onto the cork. I placed this on my bookshelf as a coaster. Just a little tip: you may want to spray the coaster with sealant so that the wood isn't ruined by water




Christmas Cork Board
This DIY is probably the easiest DIY ever, but it adds a touch of Christmas to your room. I'm so sorry, but I lost the pictures for this DIY, so I just have the final result.
All you'll need is a cork board (I got mine for $10 from target) and some Christmas colored washi tape. Super simple... just tape the outside of the cork board with the washi tape and you're finished!



I arranged all four of these DIYs around my bookshelf and it looked super cute!




I hope you guys liked these DIYs and look forward to more Holiday-themed blog posts! Leave me a comment below with some requests for holiday blog posts!

Follow me on Instagram @brandygirlblog and tag your friends in my latest post!

No comments:

Post a Comment